ACO Collective: Death and the Maiden
Gallery Music Series 2017
Join multifaceted Swedish violinist Malin Broman and ACO Collective for a delightfully inventive evening/afternoon of music. Crying – whether tears of happiness or grief – forms the central theme of this concert, inspired by one of the pillars of chamber music, Schubert’s Death and the Maiden.
2017 marks the 10th anniversary of ACO Collective, the critically acclaimed ensemble that combines musicians of the ACO with Australia’s most talented young professional musicians at the outset of their careers, creating an orchestra with a fresh, energetic performance style.
- Franz Schubert — Rondo for Violin and Strings in A major
- John Dowland — Lachrimæ Antiquæ from Lachrimæ, or Seven Teares
- Benjamin Britten — Lachrymæ
- Franz Schubert (arr. strings) — Death and the Maiden
- Franz Schubert (arr. strings) — String Quartet in D minor, Death and the Maiden
AGB Member $34, Student $25
(five or more concerts)
Adult $39, Concession $35,
AGB Member $31, Student $22