NEXT GEN 2021
Next Gen 2021 showcases the work of students from government, Catholic and Independent schools from Ballarat and its broader region, who have just completed VCE studies in Art, Studio Arts, Design and Technology, Visual Communication and Design and Media.
The Art Gallery of Ballarat has been exhibiting some of the best work produced by students from across western Victoria for over 20 years. Next Gen continues to be an important part of the Gallery’s exhibition program and both provides industry training to its participants, acts as an inspiring introduction to the art world for current students, and gives Gallery visitors insights into the world of young people today.
In times of crisis, art can play a crucial role in helping people cope with an unfamiliar world. While 2020 has been a very difficult one for students, they have continued to work and create, and this Next Gen exhibition will include work that challenges the standard of previous years.
& OPENING HOURS
20 February–16 May 2021
Open 10 am–5 pm daily
Under the Victorian Government’s rules regarding the safe opening of museums and galleries, the Gallery will be open to visitors from 14 November, in two ticketed sessions, from 10 am to 1 pm and from 2 pm to 5 pm daily.
Once visitors have reserved their free tickets, they will be able to enter the Gallery at any time during that session.
Tickets should be reserved in advance to avoid disappointment and visitors who arrive without a ticket risk missing out. Sessions not fully booked will be made available for walk-up visitors.
Book your ticket here.
- Closing date for registration entries: 11.55pm, Friday 13 November 2020
- Notification of successful applications: Friday 27 November 2020
- Works delivered to the Art Gallery of Ballarat if selected for exhibition: Monday 7 and 8 December 2020 between 10 am–4 pm
- Opening and Awards night: Friday 19 February 2021
- Exhibition closes: Sunday 16 May 2021
- Dispatch and collection: Monday 17 May, 9am- 12 pm or Tuesday 18 May, 12pm-5 pm