This privacy statement applies generally to the whole Art Gallery of Ballarat (AGB) website and services provided and documentation completed via the website. By accessing the website you are agreeing that your usage is subject to this Statement.
Personal information means any information or an opinion about you from which your identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained.
Use of Collected Information
- We will record your e-mail address if necessary for the provision of a service to you such as the information you requested
- We will only use your e-mail address for the purposes for which you provided it
- Your e-mail address will not be added to a mailing list unless you have specifically requested this (for the purposes of receiving update materials)
- We will not disclose it without your consent
- If you choose to undertake the web transactions described below, the AGB will attempt to identify some of your personal details.
- If you buy something from AGB Shop over the web and use a credit card to pay for your purchase, the AGB discloses the credit card details you provided to the financial institution providing your payment service and gives your address to the company that delivers the goods you bought.
- If you subscribe to AGB Association Membership and pay for your subscription by using a credit card the AGB discloses the credit card details you provided to the financial institution that provides your payment service.
If you request information be sent to you about the AGB or its programs, exhibitions and events, the AGB will use personal information such as your name and address In addition, AGB is required to permit a law enforcement agency exercising a warrant to inspect it’s website logs as part of an investigation.
This website uses ‘cookies’. A cookie is a small data structure sent from a web server to the internet browser and saved on your hard drive as a text file. The information is made up of a string of letters and numbers which uniquely identifies your computer and any user name or password that you may have already registered on this website. The information collected is used to authenticate or identify whether you are registered on this website, without requiring you to re-enter details each time you log on to this website.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can disable this function or delete existing cookies in your web browser, although doing so may restrict access to or use of some of the pages on this website.
Cookies are not used to collect and store your personal information. Cookies store information such as your server address, your top level domain name, the date and the time of your visit to this website, the pages you accessed and downloaded, the address of the last website you visited and the type of browser you are using. If you choose to personalise this website, the cookies will also enable this website to remember your preferred settings for your subsequent visits.
The shopping cart utilises cookies to maintain your product selections and perform the online payment function.
AGB uses this information for monitoring website use to facilitate website management, development and planning.
If you provide personal details during your visit to this website, then AGB only use and disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. Any other type of use and disclosure will require your consent, or be in accordance with prescribed exemptions under privacy laws.
For example, if you complete an online form requesting services, unless you give consent to your personal details being used for other purposes, then those details will only be used for the purpose of requesting that service, for a secondary related purpose, or for another that falls within one of the exemptions of use and disclosure in the privacy legislation.
Security of transactions on this website
The AGB recognises that there are risks associated with transmitting information across the Internet and has implemented procedures to maximise security where transactions are undertaken on the AGB Shop or AGB members sections of the website. In these areas information such as your credit details are secure while being transmitted through the Internet because the AGB uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encrypted web pages to protect the information. The AGB does not store your credit card details on our Internet server.
The use of Clickstream Data, Cookies and Web Beacons on this site
- Clickstream Data is information about the path that a user takes while using the web. The AGB collects clickstream data to measure and evaluate this site use for internal reporting and as a basis for making ongoing site improvements for users. To do this the AGB collects the following information for every mouse click:
- Remote_Host: The IP address of the visitor
- Path_Info: The web page they are visiting
- HTTP_User_Agent: The operating system of the visitor
- Date: Date and time visited
- Page: The Page_id visited
- HTTP_Referer: When did they enter, and from where did they come?
- The AGB does not record specific user details such as the names and addresses of users.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Linking to Other Sites
This website privacy statement does not extend beyond the AGB website. When linking to other sites you should familiarise yourself with their website privacy statements.
How to contact the AGB to enquire about a website privacy issue
If you wish to enquire about the use of your personal information contact us at:
Art Gallery of Ballarat
40 Lydiard Street North
Ballarat VIC 3350
How to gain access to your personal information
The AGB will provide you with access to personal information acquired or presented about you on the AGB website for the purpose of verification and correction. Victoria’s Information Privacy Act requires you to use the processes established by the Freedom of Information Act 1982 to access personal information.